The Power of Patience

   







         I was in Wal mart picking up some last minute items for my lunch before I went to work. I walked in, picked up my rotisserie chicken and headed straight for the scan and go. As I walked up to it I heard an employee yell that the system just shut down. Meaning? All the registers in the store suddenly went into shut down mode and no one could check out. It's 4:30 am so it's not packed by any means but there were still a handful of people in the store. One of the guys proceeds to sit his items down and walk out of the store immediately. Another lady leaves her buggy of items by another register and leaves the store. Then there was another lady who slammed her things down on the counter and repeatedly asks how long will the system be down? The employee says she really doesn't know but is hopeful it'll be back up within the next few minutes. The lady asks is there another 24hr Wal Mart nearby and angrily storms out of the store while saying she doesn't have time to waste. There was another guy behind me but he seemed pretty content on waiting it out. I contemplated walking out myself but I really didnt have a back up plan for lunch if this didnt work out. So I started talking to myself internally like I normally do when I'm in a tight situation and I just told myself to be patient and hang in there just a little bit longer. It wasn't a full minute after the angry lady stormed out that the machines were back up and I checked out. The employee said thanks for being patient and if that lady would've waited a little longer, she would've been able to check out. That simple.
      Now some of you may see this as a reach or purely luck that the system came back up in time for me to check out. However, I see this as a lesson in patience. Some of us get so close to a breakthrough. Whether in a relationship, at work, financially or maybe even something personal. We get so close and we give up. We walk away. Not only do we walk away, we place the blame on someone else or something else. But if we have the patience to hold on just a little bit longer, who knows what success we could have. Who knows what that roadblock saved us from. Those extra minutes waiting could have been to prevent us from danger. Whatever you have going on in your life, please know that everything is already worked out. Don't rush into something before you're ready. It'll come when the timing is right. Everything is under control. No matter the situation, just hold on a little bit longer. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comfortable "A Gift and A Curse"

Give It Your All