Give It Your All

   









   


     Quick story. I remember growing up and being scared of what others thought about me. I'm sure I'm not the only one. I would be terrified to walk in class late because I wouldn't want all the attention being on me. At times, I was afraid to do my best and actually succeed because it would bring an unwanted spotlight to my accomplishments. Crazy right. I did not like the spotlight. And I still don't. I've never been that guy and I don't think I ever will be. I'm such a "team" guy and often that hurts me individually because instead of stepping out and taking over, I blend in while knowing I can do more. It happens. It's a growing process. Lebron James. One of the greatest basketball players ever has often talked about this. His 2011 Finals loss to Dallas was his greatest failure. He let his team down and he let himself down. But from that moment, everything changed. He vowed to never go down without giving his all again. The rest is still being written.
     My message to you is simple, give it your all. You may actually be good! Who cares if you fail? At least you tried. Accept the challenges and go big. We can't let the words of others slow us down. Deep down, they want to be you. They want to be in your position. And after a while, those same people will be coming to you for help and advice on how they can conquer their demons. And if you're one of those people who are constantly criticizing others or someone you just don't like, that's enough. Let's put an end to that. One of my biggest pet peeves is talking bad about someone because they're different than you. So what. Who are you to talk? We all can improve in some way or another and that starts with changing your mindset. Set a goal. Train for it. Give it your all. Lets go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Power of Patience

Comfortable "A Gift and A Curse"